Hindu College, University of Delhi
Type: College/University | Organization | Educational Institution | Educational Institution Campus » Hindu College, Delhi is a college under the affiliation of University of Delhi in Delhi, India founded in 1899. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Science, Humanities and Commerce.
The Hindu College was founded in 1899 by Late Shri Krishan Dassji Gurwale. The college started in a small building in Kinari Bazar, Chandni Chowk, and it was affiliated to the Punjab University as there was no University of Delhi at that time. One of the first students on its rolls was Sir Shri Ram, who later became the chairman of the College Governing Body. In 1902, Punjab University threatened to disaffiliate Hindu College unless it acquired a proper building of its own. To avoid this, Rai Bahadur Lala Sultan Singh donated to the college a part of his historic property at Kashmiri Gate, which was originally owned by Col James Skinner.
The college moved to its present campus in 1953.