Tapasya to Rashami - Reel to Real

on Nov 15, 2013 , 03:29 am
A TV Actor lives parallel lives between reel and real life.

How about I break your bubble?!!! Efforts & hard work of approx atleast 30 - 40 people is invested on every character and same amount of people have worked on the character of Tapasya that I have played on screen. Big number right?!
Directors, assistants, creative team, dialogue writers, hair dresser, make-up artists, stylists, designers, spot boys and ofcourse ME are few of the long list of people who have worked as well as are working round the clock on the character to portray it as you all watch it.

Another confession to make to you all, when the role of Tapasya was offered to me I was very happy to play one of the main lead role in Uttaran and all that, but at the same time, I could not relate to the character of Tapasya at all. I managed to do some research and found out that people like that do exist. There are all sorts of people living around us with mental or psychological disorders. A character like Tapasya was just way too strong and self centred for me. Then, someone from my team had mentioned that such characters often exist but we never realise their traits.

Let me go for another breaking news, Rashami in real life and Tapasya in reel life are totally different.

In reel life, there is a lot of pressure to justify the role I am enacting, to look perfect, deliver the required amount of emotions, balancing personal and professional relations. It requires a balanced mind set to manage reel and real life. Especially since I could not relate to the character I had to additionally invest my time and effort to justify my portrayal. It ain't like an on and off button to emotions, once you are feel the character emotions come to me naturally. Often I am so engrossed in Tapasya, that I forget the true taste of Rashami..

Down the Uttaran chronology there came up a leap. And whilst the team was plotting the story, I was not too convinced to play the role of a mother and that too of a daughter who is my age in real life. That is when I decided to take a sabbatical. Meanwhile, Jhalak Dikhla Jaa was offered to me and it was one of the best things that has happened to me for the dancer within me. Big thanks to my fans who supported me and voted for me.

Soon after Jhalak, I took time to convince myself to come back in a role of mother in Uttaran. I was not sure that I would be able to do this role, and as an actor I accepted it as a challenge. Often we have seen in real life with every relationship change, a women has to maintain different relationships by fulfilling responsibilities of being a daughter, mom, masi, bua, bhabhi, beti, nanad, sister and uncountable relations. So this side of "Tapasya" was like giving me a feeler of all those responsibilties awaited in life.

My parents has helped tremenduously to understand the character. Ofcourse I was not very well versed as I am a young daughter in real life so to act like a parent was a big learning curve. All the nuances of language, body gestures, mental state, sincerity etc was the result of my research, my mom's guidance and producers constant support. My mom continues to watch my episodes and gives me a lot of feedback. Apart from my family, the creative team helped me tremendously to portray Tapasya right. Special thanks to the producer & director team who have been here to guide me.

So that now you all know, for your records to sum this up,

Tapasya is a Reel personality and Rashami is Real.

Winding up for now.. lots of Love
Rashamai xox
Kasturi Roy
Great Rashami.. love you loads.. I just love your acting and dance... you are an excellent actress... Keep shining :) <3
on Nov 19, 2013 , 02:18 pm
Partha S Bhattacharya
Rashami , Due to my busy schedule I couldn't go through your blog . Extremely sorry for that . As an actress and a dancer , I already wrote in your very 1st blog that your talent skill is Excellent and You excelled , proved and continuing to prove that you are One of the most lovable characters in Uttaran and Jhalak . Mainly , an actor / actress always needs to hear the sound of big round of applause from his / her fans . In reel life and real life , an actor / actress always wants to see that their fans are following them . When you asked in your Facebook page who is your biggest fan many people wrote that he / she is your biggest fan but no one wrote that " I'm your biggest Air Conditioner " . Frankly speaking , in any TV serial , I've never watched such a nice Reel life family (You as Tapasya , Gaurav as Raghuvendra Pratap Rathore and Sreejita as Mukta). Without getting tired You always entertain us with excellent performances . Among your Fans , someone has to be an Air Conditioner to give some fresh , cool breeze to bring You out from the whole day long and tiring schedules and in that case you may consider myself as an Air Conditioner . Best wishes to You and all your team mates . Forgot to mention about your blogging skill , here also you're proving your captivating power....what to say more...." Baaki to Ram hi rakkhein "......:) :D
on Nov 19, 2013 , 12:46 am
Durga Menon
Yes, you are absolutely right my dear, Tapasya is reel personality and Rashami is a real rockstar,,, When you share your views and opinion with writing blog for us.. I feel like you are personally talking to me.. Thank you dear for entertaining you fans... God bless you always...
on Nov 18, 2013 , 07:09 pm
Bharti Devjani
Rashami I an your biggest fan ever... I want to meet you once, you are true role model for other inspiring actors.. way to go girl.. Keep Shining... All the very best!!!
on Nov 18, 2013 , 06:57 pm
Ruchi Dhebri
You are a true star Rashami.. me and my family loves you,, we watch Uttaran just because of you... Thank you for taking out time from your hectic schedule and writing blog for us... sharing experiences with us!! we all are so proud of you..
on Nov 18, 2013 , 06:45 pm
Smriti Mamgain
You deserve a big round of applause Rashami for everything. You are very intellectual + beautiful+ natural actor+ dancer+ sweet.. short of words to describe you... and I love to read your blogs,, Please keep on sharing your personal experiences, about reel and real life... God bless you dear... loads of Love... <3
on Nov 16, 2013 , 02:46 pm
Bharti Devjani
Rashami, just finished reading your blog, so nice to know your management skills. You look perfect on screen and off screen. Your role character as Tapasya has really touched our hearts.. Keep going girl
on Nov 16, 2013 , 11:54 am
Shabori Sen
You are a complete package of beauty and brains, your parents are very lucky to have a daughter like you. We all love you in the role of Tapasya, you are a super star hope to see you soon in the movies.. Good luck for your career
on Nov 16, 2013 , 11:50 am
Linda Thomas
Rashami I completely agree with you, its a challenge to act like a mother, and no one else can do the role of Tapasya better then you. You are an inspiration to all of us youngsters... we are expecting more from you.. Glod bless you always dear.. <3
on Nov 16, 2013 , 11:26 am
Muskaan Tandon
Great Rashami, very well described your hectic life... You are so sweet Rashami, thanks for taking out time from your hectic schedule and sharing your feelings and thoughts with us.. all the best ! You deserve the Best!!
on Nov 16, 2013 , 11:22 am