Skin care for Spring
It is said: Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!". So, this spring lets take care of our skin using the following tips:
1. Switch to a lightermoisturiser.Moisturising as we all know is one of the most important aspects of every good skin care routine. As the weather is already warm this season, it is time to switch to a much lighter moisturiser. A rich moisturiser might have done a great job in protecting your skin during the cold winter months; however, if you continue to use it this spring, it might feel sticky and greasy.
2. Wear sunscreen every day. There is a lot of exposure in the sun during spring as people love to roam around after months of being confined indoors due to the icy weather. So sunscreen remains an absolute must-have during the spring season. If you don't want to spend on lots of facial care products, or if you hate applying layers and layers of products in your face, a moisturiser with SPF is highly recommended.
3. Nourish your skin by using serums. The molecules in serums are much smaller compared to those found in creams, so they penetrate the skin at a much deeper level. One must opt for serums that contain antioxidants as it protects the skin from free radical damage. It'll also help rejuvenate and nourish your dull winter worn skin.
4. Exfoliate your skin once a week. Dead skin cell build up is one of the big problems that both men and women have without even realizing it. Your skin needs to be regularly exfoliated in order to replace dead skin cells with new ones.
5. After exfoliating toning should be done as it assists to calm down the skin and reinstate the acid mantle to the skin. For toning you should use alcohol-based toners but you can use botanicals such as aloe vera or rosemary extracts witch-hazel and apple cider vinegar. Botanicals have tonifying effects and they dont dry the skin.
6. Always apply moisturiser in spring season to replace the natural protective oily surface layer to the skin. Use it after cleansing and toning as well as after exposure to the sun, bathing or showering. Use light moisturiser as the weather is warm you sweat more and heavy moisturisers tend to clog the pores. So there is no need of heavy moisturisers that you required in the winter. You can use heavy moisturisers by mixing with plain or rose water. Premature skin ageing and other types of skin damage are prevented by the use of moisturisers.
7.Pay attention to your diet. What you eat reflects on the way your skin looks. If you eat lots of junk then it'll surely reflect on your skin. Make sure to include lots of seasonal fruits and vegetables to your diet to improve your skin from within.
8.Drink loads of water: one must stay hydrated during this weather to have good skin & hair.
Ask us about any of your beauty, health, hair and skin related problem and we will get back to you with a personalised solution.