My sister was possessed by an evil spirit

on Aug 02, 2013 , 03:26 pm
This is a real story and not a figment of my imagination. All through my teenage years I loved watching horror movies. I was always very fascinated by them frankly. But little did I know I would be witness to those terrible horror scenes every night at my own house.

I have a younger sister who was studying in college till around 3 months back. She was a bright student academically and dreamt of being an engineer.

There was nothing abnormal or 'weird' about her growing up years. She was a beautiful 20-year-old who loved hanging out with her friends. She was the life of every social gathering and was great to have around.

One fine day, while she was getting back from her college, I noticed a change in her. This might sound like a scene straight out of a movie, but believe me, its true.

She had her eyes up and not on the road, yet she was walking in an absolutely straight line. Somehow, even without looking at the road, she knew where to turn and which road to take and she entered the house with the same scary look on her face. I was watching all this from my balcony and got spooked so I ran downstairs to see what had happened to my sister.

She was hurriedly walking up on the staircase. I had to literally shake her to get her back to being and looking normal. When I told her what I saw, she simply refused it and thought I was playing a nasty joke on her.

The same night, she woke up from her sleep abruptly and started screaming and screaching, but not in her own voice. My parents quickly got out of their rooms to check on the commotion and were shocked to see her lying upside down on our bed.

Our little princess was not ours anymore. She was possessed.

The evil spirit in her was of a female. My sister's voice changed and she started talking absolute rubbish to us. Then in a fit of rage, she stood up and ran out of the house, onto the empty streets. We ran after her but she was too quick for us. She ran atleast a kilometre when we found her.

She was sitting quietly in one corner and crying. It was the sounds of cries of my own sister. We quickly got hold of her and put her back to sleep. She slept but all of us were wide awake. We had to rid my sister of her evil spirit.

My parents arranged for a 2-day long Puja in her room. It was only to be attended by the priest and us. You won't believe what I saw that day. I saw my little sister sit in the pyre of fire, yet nothing happened to her. She was clearly possessed and the priest was trying with all his mantras to free her from that evil.

Finally, after 2 rigorous days, my sister was back. The priest had told us that the spirit had freed her body and was not going to get back inside her.

We were all over the moon when he said that to us. But those few days were the most trying days for our family. It is my request to all my readers to not take spirit possession lightly. It is not a village phenomena and can very much happen in cities as well.
Zinc
terrifying
on Sep 03, 2014 , 08:59 am
Poulami Pal
sad
on Aug 17, 2014 , 08:15 am
Johnson
Only Jesus Christ can completely heal or free from devil possession if you believe on Him.. God bless..
on Aug 04, 2013 , 08:33 am
William Dsouza
Watch the movie "Exocersim of Emile Ross". It is true.
on Aug 03, 2013 , 09:05 pm
Subrahmanya Bhat
50 years back I have witnessed similar situation in my home with my grand father who was a Sanskrit Scholar. The problem lasted for six months. It was a case of witchcraft. Today as a senior citizen I may say it is humbug. There is some thing which is very difficult to believe unless one faces himself. A similar thing is happening with my doctor friend with his daughter since last one year.
on Aug 03, 2013 , 04:49 pm
Arorav
In this day and age of science, technology and medical science you may find that people will treat it as a fantasy or your imagination or a medical problem, except those who have sometimes in their life had experience of such nature. It is not a preaching of any kind but a simple suggestion that every single member of your family or for that matter every one of us throughout life every single day we should sincerely remember and pray to the god we trust. The evils will never be able to come near. Very true many will discard it as a joke but some who have gone through this will know better. Remember no science or medicine has yet got any control over life and death, why.
on Aug 03, 2013 , 04:42 pm
Ajay
Hmmm...interesting.
on Aug 03, 2013 , 02:48 pm
Strategic Speaking
Good imagination !!!.. I like ghost stories !!!. But if you are serious, pls take her to a proper doctor. He must be suffering from MPD. MPD is a protective mechanism. A "pooja" cannot solve it. It will come back whenever her alter ego need to protect her from something. Find out what she is scared of with the help of a doctor.
on Aug 03, 2013 , 12:47 pm
blah(2)
Ashvin Rao
My confusion here is the picture you uploaded and the story you narrated has nothing to do with each other. Can you put more light on this?
on Aug 03, 2013 , 06:36 am