Dark side of Indian reality shows

on Mar 25, 2013 , 05:14 pm
I have taken a pledge to never showcase my talent on any of these useless reality shows on Indian television.

I am writing this today so the whole world knows about the reality show scam in India.

I am a singer and have been learning singing from the tender age of 3. I have won innumerable awards and competitions and have literally devoted my entire life to singing.

After garnering huge support from my family and friends, I decided to audition for one of the most famous singing reality shows on TV. For personal reasons, I would not like to disclose the name of the TV show but I would still like to say that it is one of the most watched music show on Indian television.

So I went ahead and gave the audition and even got selected. But the selection process is not why I have written this blog today. It is what followed afterwards that has got me so mad.

The voting is absolutely rigged and is never considered in the finale. I was in the top 2 and trust me, I was the most favoured contestant outside. The whole country was rooting for me and even sent crores of text messages for me. But I could not win! I lost the battle to a non-singer who was known to the management.

This is the reality of Indian TV shows my friends. Everything in India is rigged and paid for. I am so disgusted by all of this that I have now even given up singing.

Hope something is done to make these shows more transparent.

Andrew Smith
its not just about the music shows. almost all the reality shows are scripted nowadays. check this out to find more on reality shows. http://www.mapsofworld.com/poll/are-reality-shows-real-infographic.html
on Mar 30, 2013 , 10:54 am
Kunal Kumar Pradhan
what the hale is this???? U gaveup ur singing becoz of some idiots.....nybody ll laugh at u when they came to know abt it. They r not gods. Everybody has a time to live. k. so 4get dis bullshit n carry on in ur singing world.
on Mar 28, 2013 , 11:20 pm
Harishchandra Patil
It happens only in INDIA!!!,,no not like that it happens every where,just imagine reverse of the same, I mean you are known to management and other one was not known,result will be same,hahhahahah.,i will say its your bad luck that you were not have any one in management,believe me you at least got chance to be known by the world, now truly its your turn how to catch the train!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on Mar 28, 2013 , 10:05 pm
Arun Sharma
giving up singing may not be good idea. after all v do so many things for our own satisfaction. I am sure that nothing in the film and television world is real. These idiots do not lead authentic lives , leave authenticity of actions beside!
on Mar 28, 2013 , 03:53 pm
Kiran Kumar
Welcome to the "Real World"
on Mar 28, 2013 , 03:00 pm
Neha Singh
Everything in India is phoney,,I have written a blog on it...we all r phoney...
on Mar 28, 2013 , 02:41 am
Stephen Dsouza
stop whining
on Mar 27, 2013 , 12:34 pm
blah(1)
Abdihakim Natash
U did the right thng
on Mar 27, 2013 , 10:42 am
Sahil
hi
on Mar 26, 2013 , 12:51 pm
Neelam Nath
wishing you to Make it on your Own,despite odds..
on Mar 26, 2013 , 10:34 am