5 reasons Modi shouldn't be PM

on Jul 23, 2013 , 07:21 pm
I'm not a political commentator any anything of that sort. I'm just an Indian citizen with a voter's ID card getting worried that this democracy is being turned into a farce by a very strong PR machinery trying to make an unworthy and undeserving man the Prime Minister of this country. Yes you guessed it right. I'm anti-Modi. But the worry is that I was somehow a little scared to put that across this bluntly.

Everywhere I've said a single anti-Modi statement I've been lashed out at. It starts on as a debate with someone I had no bias against and ends with me discovering an anti-Muslim fanatic with a foul heart.

So I've basically jotted down all the reasons in the world why NaMo should NOT be the prime minister of this nation and here goes. I'll try to put is as simply and as concisely as possible. Here are all the reasons I will not vote Modi. And here are all the reasons I (and a lot many others) would get nightmares in case NaMo IS elected Prime Minister.

Hindu Majoritarian Agenda: Obviously the first point. Our NaMo doesn't care much about people of different religious views. Obviously in a nation that's secular we cannot possibly be electing someone who has shown every sign of being biased throughout his political career.

Authoritarian and Selfish: Modi has displayed great capability of being shrewd. He never talks in terms of 'we'. All his achievements are in terms of 'I'. He is the man because of who a big rift is starting to appear in BJP. What is worse is his only agenda seems to be saving his vote bank. During the recent Uttarakhand disaster, I was shocked to see Modi save only Gujratis from the flooded area. The rest of India was dying, army personnel were dying but for Modi all that was important was his vote bank!

Lopsided Development in Gujrat: Everyone's going gaga over Modi's handling of Gujrat administration. The claims are that Gujrat has seen tremendous economic growth. But wasn't Gujrat always faring well economically? Specially because most Gujratis are very enterprising when it comes to business? I wonder how he would have fared if he was heading Bengal! Plus I also wonder what kind of development Gujrat has seen when the bigger part of it's population knows nothing about all the development you and I are talking about!

The Dude's 60: India really needs an young PM. I'm not asking you to vote for Rahul Gandhi. He's a nincompoop. But Modi is too old. Any nation that's doing good for itself has a youthful leader with new vision and new ideas. Modi is too old to fit into that category!

Half the Nation Might Go Mysteriously Missing Overnight: Post the fake encounters of Ishrat Jahan and Sohrabuddin Sheikh I really feel this man has the sacry power to do away with anyone any minute. This is why I said that I'm a little scared to be anti-Modi at times. He feels all Muslims are LeT associated and moreover all of them are coming to kill him! I wonder if he will do away with all of them if he's elected PM. If for nothing else then atleast to safeguard one of India's comminities I will never dare to vote for Modi. Because if I were a Muslim and I heard everyone rooting for Modi as PM, I can't even imagine what kind of panic I would be feeling right now.
Bhaskar Mudam
Modi will die of heart stroke if he knows that BJP won the majority in the loksabha.
on Apr 29, 2014 , 07:10 pm
Shrinath Chauhan
bakwaas ......modi should become as P M....no alternative for modi
on Mar 18, 2014 , 01:24 pm
Shahidur Rashid Talukdar
Well said. Especially the last point. Whoever disagrees with him will be encountered.
on Mar 10, 2014 , 07:45 pm
blah(1)
Nandukarajgikar
I consider it as my biggest defeat if we as a society cannot find a better person than a chaiwala. A 1.5 trillion dollar economy can't be handed over to an illiterate and autocratic baboon.
on Mar 03, 2014 , 12:47 am
blah(1)
Info
If you have visited guj before 10 years and you visit it now (at the same time you visit some other state and visit now), you can easily say how the state has developed. True - Guj. are enterprising about business but quality of public transport systems, roads & infrastructures have improved dramatically in these years. I used to travel (inside guj) in the years of my college in 2003. I currently stay in MP and visit guj every weekend so obviously I travel now too. Then, I had visited these states - MP, UP in 1997 and I have visited UP 3 years ago and am staying in MP now. I can easily tell you the ST buses, road qualities, city-bus services, railway stations have dramatically improved in Guj. compared to all other states that I have traveled. Even I believe we need young PM. But where's the choice...? I know the encounters have raised a lot of hue & cry. There have been reports that even FBI has called Ishrat Jahan a terrorist (http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/FBI-to-IB-Headley-says-Ishrat-was-LeT-terrorist/Article1-1076397.aspx) If we can believe one segment of media saying it was a fake encounter, why not other segments that say otherwise. I fully agree that not all the development can be done by a single man. But he supports development. Majority of other governments don't support government. Crores of rupees have been invested in Yamuna cleaning. You can see clearly that there has been no improvement. I have seen sabarmati 5 years ago. And I have seen it 6 months ago. It is way better than what it was 5 years ago. I also say that Modi is more of an Hinduist. But I can tell you (by my experiences in guj. & out-of-guj.) that he is not anti-muslim. Muslims & Hindu live in complete harmony in Guj. these days... However, you can have your own views... I can just say that I have been through all this personally and felt that there have been plenty of misleading things done by media (just to create sensations - as that 'sells')
on Aug 08, 2013 , 02:36 pm
Info
I am from Gujarat. I am not a Modi fanatic. But It seems by your article above that you have only made comments based on the reports in media. I also agree that Modi is not 'dudh ka dhula'. But let me tell you, if you have ever stayed in Gujarat before 11 years and if you stay there now. The difference is mind-blowing. Especially if you have experienced day-to-day life in some other states like MP (Indore), AP (Hyd), UP (Agra). I have stayed in these places and I have stayed in several places in Guj. too.. Everytime there is a mention of Modi in media, the first thing against him is riots after godhra mis-event. I don't know the truth behind that. But I can surely tell you that before 2002, there was always a feeling of 'riots breaking up' most of the time in Guj. But since 11 years, there hasn't been a single riot in entire Guj. About the utarakhand event, the media just raised hue & cry about modi rescuing only gujratis... In reality, he just arranged vehicles for people from Gujarat to reach home. It was not about rescuing... He didn't go to flood region - swam and rescued anyone. He had in his power to arrange for some people to reach their home in gujarat. That's what he could do and he did.
on Aug 08, 2013 , 02:36 pm
Fazal Akthar
God bless you you are 100% right,God protect our india,and will stop Mysteriously Missing
on Jul 28, 2013 , 02:20 am
blah(1)
Rahul Rajadhyaksha
I am 50 yrs old,have never voted and had no intent of doing so. But Mr Modi has changed my mind. I will vote, and vote for Modi. I do not want a senile, pushover theoretician as PM.
on Jul 26, 2013 , 07:22 pm
Abhishek Srivastava
i would have loved to see modi had he said bjp talkes of transparency so lets be first to be covered under RTI, bjp knwss what is right line of poverty instead of beating chest for recently released data, bjp has policy atleast on one issue which is clearly defined and understood by atleast its people. does mr modi knw hw to shell out positive agenda for leading nation or just its negative anti incumbancy wave he wants to ride.. BJP is the worst alternate that india can ever choose. I hate ppl with no vision n policy for governance trying to usurp power. come what may BJP is down n out...............
on Jul 25, 2013 , 11:48 am
blah(1)
Ankit Jain
We have a great problem, that we cant bring back Congress again in power and also we dont have any option other then that, if modi is bla-bla what u said above, whom you find from BJP to come in PM shoes, no one in BJP is that much powerfull and intelligent to handle things, atleast this oldy have some attitude to keep his words
on Jul 24, 2013 , 09:19 pm